Our positive impact
Pure Salmon delivers significant
human and social impact
human and social impact
Pure Salmon is fully aligned with the following United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
LIFE BELOW WATER
–Protection of natural resources and marine ecosystems
–No sea pollution or damage to the oceans
–Non-depletion of wild fish supplies
– Healthier oceans act as natural climate regulators
GOOD HEALTH AND WELL-BEING
– No antibiotics, no chemicals, no hormones.
– Fresh, healthy, fully traceable source of protein
– Sustainable food production without causing climate change
– Food security for local population
RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION AND PRODUCTION
– Sustainable and efficient use of natural resources
– Reduce food waste due to longer shelf life
– Low usage of feed and water per unit of protein
CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION
– Water recycling technology with 99% reuse
– Negligible waste water from production process
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
– Sustainable industry with environmentally sound technology
– Contribution to local income and infrastructure
– Economic productivity through technological innovation
DECENT WORK AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
– Local employment for skilled & low skilled workforce
– Training, education and local research projects
– Decouple economic growth from environmental degradation
8F Asset Management is a Founding Signatory the WWF Blue Economy Finance Principles (BEFP) and Pure Salmon is a Supporting Organisation of the BEFP.
The ‘Blue Economy’ is defined as all economic sectors which have a direct or indirect link to the oceans. Pure Salmon has a key role in the evolution of the Blue Economy towards a brighter tomorrow.
By contributing to the development of sustainable economic solutions that promote the “conservation and sustainable use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development”, 8F Asset Management and Pure Salmon committed to the WWF Blue Economy Finance Principles as Founding Signatory and Supporting Organisation, respectively.
At Pure Salmon, we believe that educating future generations is one of the most powerful initiatives we can implement to change the world for the better.
We will thus dedicate part of our R&D programme to create educational content that will inform youngsters and students of the importance of Pure Salmon’s causes:
AND MARINE ECOSYSTEMS
HEALTHY AND BALANCED DIET
RELEVANCE OF NEW
A BETTER WORLD
To widen the scope of our programmes and maximise our positive impact, we will work in partnership with universities and industry professionals, at both local and international levels. Together with our dedicated staff present in each of our facilities, we will develop exclusive content:
- GUIDED VISITS OF FACTORIES AND INTRODUCTION TO RAS TECHNOLOGY
- INTERACTIVE WORKSHOPS
- ONLINE SHARABLE BRANDED CONTENT